Shipping & Handling
This Florida Citrus shipping season, we are improving delivery times by shipping with UPS to ensure quicker arrivals to preserve that grove-fresh flavor we're so famous for!
And we've made it easy to plan your total gift costs by incurring a minimal $12.99 per-item shipping fee for gifts shipping within the 48 contiguous United States.
Requested Arrival Dates
Unlike regular merchandise like clothing or toys, your fruit isn't sitting in a warehouse ready to be shipped when you order it! Instead, it's actually hanging on a tree somewhere in a Florida citrus grove! The transit time, from the grove to UPS, is dependent on several factors like weather, best time to harvest and the amount of fruit produced by the trees that season.
Once your order is placed, your Fruit is harvested, brought to our packing houses, cleaned, inspected and carefully packed to order. Your package is then loaded onto a UPS refrigerated truck, and arrives on your doorstep shortly after. While we do our best to ensure your gift arrives as close to your requested arrival date as possible, unfortunately, with so many elaborate steps and considerations involved, we are unable to guarantee day-specific arrival dates.
Please note that requested arrival dates are approximate.
Shipments to Alaska, Arizona & Hawaii
Sorry, Florida gift fruit may not be shipped to Alaska, Arizona, or Hawaii.
Shipments to Texas, California, Louisiana & Canada
For these three US States, and also Canada, we are required by the USDA to follow a special set of guidelines when we ship citrus to these locations. We are also unable to ship come of our candy items to them. As a result, packages to these locations have a unique shipping schedule and are only shipped on a few pre-selected dates each month. For information on requested arrival dates for these states please call us.
- For California, Louisiana, Texas, parts of Nevada & Oklahoma (depending on where the fruit is routed for delivery regarding NV & OK): Sorry but we can ship ONLY CITRUS packs to these states no packages containing candies, marmalades, etc).
- Some of our candy/citrus combos may not be shipped from Florida to CA, LA, NV, OK, TX as well.
- However, many candy items do not ship from Florida so they absolutely CAN be shipped to CA, NV, OK, LA, TX! These items include The Treat Combo, Florida Basket, Fancy Gator Basket, Sweet Tooth Tin, Grand Golden Tin & Honeybell Assortment, The Citrus Tower, Dockside Key Lime cake & the Dockside Mini Sampler.
Shipments to Canada
Yes! We ship to Canada! Most of the gifts in our catalog can be shipped to the following provinces: Quebec, Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island and Newfoundland. All Canadian orders are payable in U.S. dollars.For delivery to Canada, the shipping cost is $34.99 per package.
How Fruit is Shipped
Specialty packages such as a crates or baskets are carefully cushioned and packed to protect our beautiful gift fruit. All other selections are carefully packed into sturdy trays that provide a protective layer around the fruit for shipping. The trays are placed in our citrus-themed cartons and sealed tightly for shipping.
The size of fruit determines how many pieces are in a tray. Orange varieties are generally 12 per tray and grapefruit is usually 8 per tray. Mixed trays average 7 oranges and 5 grapefruit. Each tray weighs approximately 10 lbs.
When Varieties Ship This Season...
- Tangerines 11/07/2021 – 04/09/2022
- Mandarins 11/14/2021 – 04/09/2022
- Red Grapefruit 11/07/2021 – 04/09/2022
- Navels 11/14/2021 – 04/09/2022
- Hamlin Juice Oranges 11/07/2021 – 02/12/2022
- Apples & Pears 11/14/2021 – 01/22/2022
- White Grapefruit 11/07/2021 – 01/29/2022
- Scarlet Navels 12/12/2021 – 04/09/2022
- Honeybells 01/02/2022 – 04/09/2022
- Sugar Bells 11/28/2021 – 01/01/2022
- Murcotts (Honey Tang) 02/06/2022 – 03/19/2022
- Royal Tangerines (Temples) 02/06/2022 – 03/05/2022
- Valencia Oranges 02/06/2022 – 04/09/2022